Plumbing duties include:
Working with and assisting site supervisor and other employees, including contractors or trades, to do what is required to help complete the task at hand and can include such things as, but not limited to
- Following all safety procedures, either through direct knowledge or by following the instructions of the lead person on site
- Be willing to upgrade or maintain courses for working at heights, WHIMIS or other safety courses as required
- Having safety shoes while working on site
- Wearing safety helmets, if required, on job site
- Maintain a safe and clean job site by handling and storing materials properly
- Picking up and removing all tools and equipment when not in use
- Prepping and protecting materials and finished products from damage, with things such as, spreading tarps, cardboard, etc.
- Diagnose, Install, and repair plumbing fixtures, pipes, and water drainage systems for residential or commercial.
- Test facilities for leaks
- installing water supply networks, installing fixtures such as sinks, toilets, and drainage systems
- Ensure that local and provincial safety regulations are met
- Replace any products or equipment that do not meet current safety regulations
- Perform regular inspections of pipes and plumbing fixtures
- Develop a layout of a plumbing system in a new building or during a home renovation project
- Full-time Service Plumber who can work independently.
- Calling for plumbing inspection on completion
- 3 or more years of experience in service plumbing
- Must be a fully licenced Journeyperson
- A Gas Tech licence would be an asset
- Working at heights certificate is a benefit
- Own vehicle for getting to job sites or office