Framing carpenter duties include:
Working with and assisting site supervisor and other employees, including contractors or trades, to do what is required to help complete the task at hand and can include such things as, but not limited to
- Following all safety procedures, either through direct knowledge or by following the instructions of the lead person on site
- Be willing to upgrade or maintain courses for working at heights, WHIMIS or other safety courses as required
- Having safety shoes while working on site
- Wearing safety helmets, if required, on job site
- Maintain a safe and clean job site by handling and storing materials properly
- Picking up and removing all tools and equipment when not in use
- Prepping and protecting materials and finished products from damage, with things such as, spreading tarps, cardboard, etc.
- Framing for renovations or new homes
- Installing siding products such as vinyl, wood, or cement board
- Small roofing jobs
- Installing windows and doors
- Installing insulation batts or blown-in insulation in attic
- Installation of cabinets, hanging doors, or other assembly jobs
- Replacement of plumbing fixtures such as sinks, toilets, and faucets. (No plumbing experience required)
- Hanging of surface mount electrical fixtures such as lights. (No electrical experience required)
- Hanging, repair, and replacement of drywall as needed for new builds or existing rooms.
- Installation of floors, including wood and laminates
- Install of new tilework on floors and walls, install new grout, and/or repair existing tile or grout.
- Painting, priming, trim work or other finish jobs as required
- Assisting in the repair or protection of existing property elements.
- Follow construction plans and site supervisor as requested
- Assisting Georgian Bay Homes and Renovations employees with jobs as required
- 3 or more years of experience in the construction industry
- Working at heights certificate is a benefit
- Own vehicle for getting to job sites