Full-time position with benefits.
Please respond with expected pay requirements.
Architectural design technician / technologist duties include:
- Working with sales and talking to the client to get their ideas, requirements, needs, preferences, and purpose of space.
- Accurately communicating customer information to the office by following proper procedures as described in our sale manual
- Understanding that customer service is a main part of this position.
- Thorough knowledge in residential construction.
- Accuracy in making detailed plans, using company software (chief architect), showing arrangement of walls, lighting, and other fixtures for the customer. This can be for renovation, new home construction or permit requirements.
- Going to site for measurements and drafting of existing floor plans for renovations
- Maintaining technical and practical knowledge through education and training through workshops and technical publications to keep on top of changes in building codes, regulations, and new product development to stay current on future developments. Company paid, for any relevant courses required.
- Knowing the role, of the architectural design technologist will change based on how each job is structured (new build, renovation, or combination of both and between commercial or residential)
- Understanding the necessity of maintaining timelines and budgets
- Preparing weekly reports on progress
- Understanding and promoting the company
- Knowing company policies on safety, construction, warranties, and programs
Architectural design technician / technologist requirements
- BCIN licensed would be beneficial
- 5 or more years of previous working experience in a construction architectural field
- Architectural technician or technologist graduate
- Familiarity with computer programs such as word, excel, Microsoft project, adobe creative suites, and Chief architect or equivalent CAD program.
- Familiar with current building codes
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Know how to take on-site measurements for estimating and design requirements.
- Be organized and on time.
- Have a reliable vehicle for transportation is required.
- Detail oriented